Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Review: The Knot Guide to Wedding Vows and Traditions


The Knot Guide to Wedding Vows and Traditions by Carley Roney

Paperback: 224 pages
Publisher: Broadway; 1 edition (December 26, 2000)
ISBN-10: 0767902483
ISBN-13: 978-0767902489

Vonze 4.8 out of 5

Book Description: "Without letting a lot of fluff get in the way of the facts, wedding expert Carley Roney makes available "readings, rituals, music, dances, speeches and toasts" in The Knot Guide to Wedding Vows and Traditions. Third in her wedding guide series, and culled from her online experience as founder of theknot.com, this guide is a resource for classy concepts ranging from the conventional to the hip, and drawing on a broad array of cultural traditions."

So, it's official now, Oshie and I are engaged!

We've wanted to get married for a while now, so I've already been planning a few things (when you plan to get married in 6 months you need all the time you can get!). After looking at dresses online, thinking about what food to serve and where we want to get married at, I finally started thinking about what our actual ceremony should be like. That's where this book came in.

I spent a long time looking at different wedding themed books until I found this one at Booksamillion. It has a little bit of everything in it, from poems to songs to religious quotes. Bits of everything I want to include in my ceremony.

All in all, this book is very helpful for planning your vows and wedding music. I liked the variety offered in this book. I also enjoyed learning about wedding traditions in other cultures. I feel that this book is a good fit for most any couple since it covers vows and traditions from many different religions and also secular viewpoints.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails