Monday, July 26, 2010

Review: Twilight the Graphic Novel, Vol. 1



Twilight the Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 by Stephenie Meyer and Young Kim

Hardcover: 224 pages
Publisher: Yen Press (March 16, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0759529434
ISBN-13: 978-0759529434


Vonze: 4 out of 5

Earlier this month, I was lucky enough to get a copy of Twilight the Graphic Novel from paperbackswap.com. It's great to get a $13.59 book for a $3.00 book credit...yes, I love saving money! =) Paperbackswap.com = one of the best website ideas ever.

So, I gotta say, I really enjoyed Twilight as a graphic novel. Yeah, I've read the book and seen the movie, but for several reasons I like this better:

Reason 1:
Young Kim's illustrations of Bella and Edward and the other minor characters are closer to how I imagined them from the book. Yes, Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are good-looking people, but once I have a mental picture in my mind of how a character should look, nothing can change it. (My imagination is stubborn.)

Reason 2:
The graphic novel follows the book better than the movie. The first movie left out a lot of scenes I wanted to see acted out (especially, the scene were Bella faints from the blood, which is one of my favorites). Young Kim's illustrations flow well and, having read the novel, I never felt confused.

Reason 3: For people who want to refresh their memories before seeing the next movies or reading the next books, the graphic novel is a quicker read than the actual novel.

I'm looking forward to Volume 2 and I also hope that the entire series is turned into graphic novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails