Thursday, September 23, 2010

Review: Mockingjay (my thoughts)

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Reading level: Young Adult
Hardcover: 400 pages
Publisher: Scholastic Press (September 1, 2010)
ISBN-10: 0545310601
ISBN-13: 978-0545310604

Vonze: 4.5 out of 5

So, wow, I don't know when I had ever anticipated a book more than this. A lot of my friends love Harry Potter and the Twilight Saga, but to me the first two books of the Hunger Games were better hands down. I love books with strong female main characters. Katniss quickly became my new hero.

Thus, I eagerly counted down the days until this book's release and got up super early to drive 20 miles to my nearest Target to buy it. Then I started reading.

And it started very slowly...I'm not sure what I expected to happen. At the end of the last book there was lots of action. Mockingjay doesn't pick-up at the same point Catching Fire left off. It felt like Katniss' character was a caged animal, wanting to see some action. Only the action doesn't happen until three quarters of the book is over with. It became the kind of book you have to hang in with, because it does get better. The waiting to get to the end drove me crazy, because I wanted to know who Katniss would end up with (if she ended up with anyone) and if President Snow dies.

However, in my opinion, the ending to this series was nearly perfect. I was in tears, lol. I would have liked a little more information about what happened to some secondary characters, but that's just mainly me being a fan-girl.

So, overall loved the book, wish it hadn't started so slow.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know you can create short links with Shortest and get cash for every visit to your shortened links.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails