Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Review: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls (Quirk Classics: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies)Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls by Steve Hockensmith

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I won a copy of this book from First Reads here on Goodreads!

Okay, first off, I am not a zombie, horror genre person. However, I love Pride and Prejudice and I also enjoy spoofs in general. So, when I started to read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls, I kept an open mind. And I was happy to find that I really enjoyed the story. I fought this spoof to be tastefully done, there wasn't guts hanging out of people in every paragraph. And I also found myself rooting for Lizzie and others to do well in their zombie training. I feel that the author got the well known personalities of Lizzie, Mr. and Mrs. Bennet, Jane, Mary, Kitty and Lydia from the original novel right.

With that said, I hope to pick up a copy of the first Pride and Prejudice and Zombies soon and see what happens next!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails