Saturday, April 9, 2011

Review: The Anne Frank House Authorized Graphic Biography

Anne Frank: The Anne Frank House Authorized Graphic BiographyAnne Frank: The Anne Frank House Authorized Graphic Biography by Sid Jacobson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The facts and information in this graphic novel are great. I've read the Diary of Anne Frank three times (twice for myself and once for school) and from this biography I learned a lot of new details about Anne's life prior to when her family went into hiding. The book starts when Anne's parents marry and continues until her father's death in 1980.

However, I didn't care for the style of art in this graphic novel. I love graphic novels and I think they are a great way to teach kids and keep their attention. The art on the cover is nothing like the art in the book. And as another reviewer wrote, sometimes the dialog boxes seemed misplaced, and I'd read them out of order and have to go back over them. So, that's why this book gets four stars instead of five.

Overall, it'd make a good companion book to a class who's reading the Diary of Anne Frank.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails