Thursday, October 13, 2011

Review: Re-Gifters

Re-GiftersRe-Gifters by Mike Carey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've read nearly all the MINX comics, and I've gotta say that the Re-Gifters and The P.L.A.I.N. Janes are my favorites from this imprint of DC comics (it had a lot of potential...wish it was still around).

Basically, the Re-Gifters is the story of a young Korean girl, "Dixie", her hapkido tournament, and the love triangle she gets caught up with, involving the boy she likes, the girl he likes, and the guy she never considered before. I really liked Dixie's character, because I felt like she was the right mix of sensitive teenage girl and tough hapkido student. I was actually surprised to learn the story was written by a guy, because he did a really good job at creating a realistic teenage girl. The romance wasn't overly gushy and, overall, the book had a classic teenage story feel, something like "The Karate Kid" meets "Pretty In Pink."

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails