Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (10)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that was created by Breaking the Spine to spotlight a blogger's eagerly anticipated new books.

For this Waiting on Wednesday, I picked The Hunger Games: The Official Movie Companion.

Release Date: Feb. 7th 2012

Book Summary: "The New York Times bestseller by Suzanne Collins is now a major motion picture -- and this is your guide to all of the movie's excitement, both in front of the camera and behind it.

Go behind the scenes of the making of The Hunger Games with exclusive images and interviews. From the screenwriting process to the casting decisions to the elaborate sets and costumes to the actors' performances and directors' vision, this is the definitive companion to the breathtaking film."

My Thoughts: Oh man, I am so anxious about this movie. Anxious, you say? YES. The last time I anticipated a movie this much, I was let down. It was 1999 and the movie was Star Wars Episode I...I was a huge Star Wars fan up until that point, and that movie kinda killed my personal fandom for the series. I still like the originals, but not as diehard from that point on. So, yes, I am anxious about The Hunger Games movie because I don't want all this time dreaming and hoping for a cool movie version to be a waste. Regardless, I feel that I will still always love the books...I just really want to love the movie, too. I wanna see the wonderful characters and scenes brought to life. Maybe checking out this book will help reassure me that the movie will do justice to the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails