Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (11)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that was created by Breaking the Spine to spotlight a blogger's eagerly anticipated new books.

For this Waiting on Wednesday, I picked Stepping on Roses, Volume 7 by Rinko Ueda.

Release Date: March 2012

Book Summary:"Poor Sumi Kitamura… Her irresponsible older brother Eisuke keeps bringing home orphans for her to take care of even though they can barely afford their own basic needs! Just when Sumi's financial problems become dire, wealthy Soichiro Ashida enters her life with a bizarre proposition: he'll provide her with the money she so desperately needs if she agrees to marry him. But can Sumi fool high society into thinking she's a proper lady? Moreover, is it worth giving up everything for this sham of a marriage?"

My Thoughts: I'm a wannabe artist, so I'd like to think at my age it's not immature to keep up with a few manga series here and there out of slight artistic curiosity. Although, I'm sure there's people out there that would think otherwise of me. Regardless, I gotta say that Stepping on Roses is one of the most gripping romance stories I've ever read...and it's a manga! It's got everything I enjoy in a good romance novel. It's historical, it's got sexy brooding characters, an interesting love-triangle, back-stabbing, rags-to-riches, etc (I could go on). This series has been a page-turner for me. Volume 1 was just a random, impulse buy. However, it so was good, I bought Volumes 2-6 within the next week (Oshie fussed, but I couldn't help it, I was hooked). I am eagerly, eagerly anticipating how it will end! So, if you like shojo (girly) manga, check it out. Or if you like historical romances, and your open to trying the manga format, you won't go wrong with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails