Thursday, March 1, 2012

Review: The Last Dragon Graphic Novel

The Last DragonThe Last Dragon by Jane Yolen

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Last Dragon is visually the most stunning graphic novel I've ever encountered. It's illustrations are utterly beautiful and magical.

The Last Dragon is the story of Tansy, a young woman destined to follow in her healer father's footsteps. In Tansy's world, dragons have been extinct for hundreds of years...or so everyone thought. When her father goes missing, it becomes apparent that her town will need a hero and a leader to save them.

Although I'm somewhat familiar with the print edition by Jane Yolen, I haven't read it. Increasingly, I find that if I haven't read the print edition of a novel prior to reading its graphic novel format, I don't feel as connected with the characters and some of the scene changes confuse me. However, this was not true for The Last Dragon. It has been well adapted. I now plan to read the print edition of The Last Dragon, not because I have lingering questions from the graphic novel, but because I want more of this intriguing fantasy world.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails