Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (16)



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that was created by Breaking the Spine to spotlight a blogger's eagerly anticipated new books.

For this Waiting on Wednesday, I picked New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Volume 1 by Stephenie Meyer and Young Kim.

Release Date: April 23, 2013 (It was delayed for some odd reason...)

Book Summary: (From Amazon) "In the first installment of New Moon, Bella and Edward find themselves facing new obstacles, including a devastating separation, the mysterious appearance of dangerous wolves roaming the forest in Forks, a terrifying threat of revenge from a female vampire and a deliciously sinister encounter with Italy's reigning royal family of vampires: the Volturi."

My Thoughts: I'm loving this book to graphic novel/manga trend. I'll admit that some books don't transition to graphic novels very well. However, I feel that the Twilight Saga has, so far, transitioned well under the guidance of Young Kim's illustrations. Personally, I like Young Kim's interpretation of the characters better than the movies (*hides as Pattinson fangirls attack*). I'm glad it appears each Twilight novel will get the Young Kim graphic novel treatment. I'm looking forward to collecting each one, hopefully without the mysterious delays this one had!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails