Thursday, March 14, 2013

Review: The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 1 by Sherrilyn Kenyon


The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 1 (Dark-Hunter Manga, #1)The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 1 by Sherrilyn Kenyon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this "sort-of" vampire graphic novel. I haven't read any of Sherrilyn Kenyon's novels prior to this, so from what I gather, her vampires are actually the soul-less servants of a Greek goddess? Four stars because the explanations of the vampire creation/backstory/mechanics was a little confusing for me as a first time Dark-Hunter reader. However, it probably doesn't help that I'm not big into Greek and Roman mythology. Someone who has read or studied a lot of mythology might understand better than I did.

Otherwise, the artwork and storyline was great. I'm on board to read the other Dark-Hunter graphics novel and the actual novels in the future. This volume had a lot of humor in it and good chemistry/witty banter between the hero and heroine. Unlike many graphic novels adapted from novels out there, I think this one stands on its own very well. The dialogue and action scenes were spot on for moving the story and pace along. I feel that the author and illustrator didn't assume that I have already read all the Dark-Hunter novels before, which I appreciate. I feel that's the way adapted graphic novels should be.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails