Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Review: The DIY Bride: An Affair to Remember


The DIY Bride An Affair to Remember: 40 Fantastic Projects to Celebrate Your Unique Wedding StyleThe DIY Bride An Affair to Remember: 40 Fantastic Projects to Celebrate Your Unique Wedding Style by Khris Cochran
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Here's one for all my soon-to-be married or dreaming-of-getting-married reader buddies out there!

In 2010 I planned my very, very DIY Christmas wedding. I consider myself a more-than-average crafty person and I was on a small budget what with my future-hubby in med school.

The thing I enjoyed most about this book, is the fact that it is broken down into themes. These themes include: Sun & Sand, Fairy-Tale, Exotic Destinations, Winter Wonderland, A Touch of Country, Bright Lights-Big City, Into the Garden, and New Modern.

In my opinion, every great wedding, birthday, graduation, etc. party needs a theme.

Since my theme was Christmas/Winter this book would have given me some good ideas. It was surprisingly hard to find Christmas themed wedding ideas.

Overall, I'd say the Sun & Sand theme had the crafts that I liked best/would have used if I'd been married at the beach. The seashell boutonniere and invitations were cute. To me it's the book's best and strongest theme.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails