Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Review: Blood Makes Noise by Gregory Widen


Blood Makes NoiseBlood Makes Noise by Gregory Widen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If you're looking for a good thriller or interested in CIA history or Latin American history, this will be a gripping read for you. I'll admit I'm not an expert on the CIA or Latin American, however, though the course of the story I learned more about both. (There's a lot more to Evita Peron than the movie starring Madonna...her entire body was preserved, creating a relic for her people).

The plot, based on true events, follows a CIA agent named Michael. Ultimately, he plays a vital role in moving Evita’s preserved body. Jumping ahead years later, when Michael’s past is more complicated, he is the only one who knows where Evita’s body is located. A race to reach her is created.

To me, the book started slowly. However, it did get better as it went along. Gregory Widen is also a screenwriter, and it was apparent to me while reading this book. I felt that the scenes were mostly carried by dialogue and actions. Compared to what I'm familiar with, there weren't tons of details and vivid descriptions. Not necessarily a bad thing. It just sometimes left me wondering and wanting more information about the characters.

All-in-all, I think it would transition into a great movie.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that you can shorten your long urls with AdFly and get money for every visit to your shortened urls.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails