Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Top Ten Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book

1. Regency England
I am a regency nerd. Thank you Jane Austen and the many other authors I've read for teaching about this cool time period!



2. Unicorns
I am a shameless unicorn collector. Before it was nerdy-retro-pop-culture-hip, I was hanging unicorn art on my walls...ten years ago, lol. Love a good unicorn fantasy or children's story.




3. Doctors
Whether it's a cheesy romance or a real-life biography, I enjoy reading about characters and people in my husband's field.



4. Dystopia
When done right, dystopian stories keep me up reading at night.



5. Vampires
Okay, I'll admit, at one time this would have been number one on my list. However, right now the overall media world is flooded with vampires and I feel like a need a little break from them. Not collecting as many vampire stories as I was ten years ago.


6. Novels Turned Into Graphic Novels
I honestly think I'm digging the novels-to-graphic-novels trend more and more. Seemingly, they are getting better. I think I enjoy the graphic novels best when the writers and illustrators don't automatically assume I've read the novel.



7. Retellings
It's usually interesting to see an author's take on a classic fable, fairytale, or myth.



8. Anthropomorphic Animals
Generally, I enjoy stories in the vein of Watership Down and Rats of NIMH.



9. Love Triangles
A good love triangle keeps the tension going and the pages turning.



10. Inspirational
When life gets busy and hectic, sometimes it's good to read something inspirational and reflect on the positives in life. From time to time I like reading biographies of inspirational people or general motivating, self-help books.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails