Saturday, May 25, 2013

Review: Point Your Face At This by Demetri Martin


Point Your Face at This: DrawingsPoint Your Face at This: Drawings by Demetri Martin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Release Date: March 19, 2013

Received via Netgalley.

I'm honestly, probably, a little bias because I already love Demetri Martin's comedy and I've watched all of the episodes of his show via Netflix. How to describe him? He's like a smart Napoleon Dynamite, Bob Dylan/Neil Young, hipster, nerd, with a dash of best friend who is bored and likes to doodle in class.

This book showcases more of his clever and witty drawings. They play a big part in his comedy. I don't know how he comes up with some of them. Some are laugh-out-loud hilarious, some are genius, some are both, some are shocking, a few are a miss. Four stars, because, although, it's great overall, I feel like his best material was used or saved for his shows.

Therefore, if you're not familiar with Demetri Martin, I recommend watching his show. If you're already a fan, you're already familiar with his comedy style, and you'll love this book.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails