Thursday, June 6, 2013

Review: Darth Vader and Son & Vader's Litte Princess by Jeffrey Brown

It's officially June and with Father's Day just around the corner, I think these books would make a great  geeky gift.



Release Date: April 23, 2013
Hardcover, 64 pages

Release Date: April 18, 2012
Hardcover, 64 pages

Vonze: 5 out of 5

My Thoughts: These books are super geeky cute. The illustrations, as well as, books' shape and size, look similar to a real children's picture book.

I was a little surprised to find that neither book has a plot or overarching storyline. Rather, both books are made up of funny and cute one panel comic strip situations. Similar to the cover, Darth Vader is doing funny and unrealistic stuff with his kids.

While a lot of reviewers thought "Darth Vader and Son" was funnier, I, personally, am biased for "Vader's Little Princess." To me the situations were so cute that they were funny, much like LOLCATs and all the other kawaii stuff on the Web. Since Leia has no screen time knowing that Vader is her father, 'Little Princess' is more ironic and asks a bigger "What If." And you know the saying, "Daddy's Girl" and "Momma's Boy" (although a book titled Padme's Tiny Jedi Man would be going a little far).

All and all, I can't wait till the day that I can give these to my Star Wars geek husband as a Father's Day Gift :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails