Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Review: Once Upon a Prince by Rachel Hauck


Once Upon a PrinceOnce Upon a Prince by Rachel Hauck
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I know that an ordinary girl meeting a prince and falling in love with him is far-fetched. However, Rachel Hauck actually took the fairy-tale stereotype and made it believable and refreshing. She was inspired by Will and Kate’s romance and marriage. The result is a great, clean romance about a recently dumped young woman, Susanna, and the kind stranger who comes to her rescue. Their romance progresses slowly but realistically, from kind stranger to friend to heart’s desire.

I was really impressed that the novel begins before Susanna is dumped and doesn’t skip over the emotional scene. Hauck doesn’t shy away from material a lot writers would consider difficult to get right.

I also enjoyed that the book is set on St. Simon’s Island, a real island on the Georgia coast. I wasn’t able to take a vacation this summer, but this was the next best thing. I was surprised to learn that Hauck doesn’t live on St. Simon’s, she really captured it.

Definitely a Rachel Hauck fan now. I'm planning to pre-order the next book in this series: "Princess Ever After."


View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Did you know you can shorten your long urls with Shortest and make money for every click on your short links.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails