Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Top Ten Books I Would Love To See As A Movie/TV Show


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top Ten Books I Would Love To See As A Movie/TV Show

1. tie Edenbrooke or Blackmoore

I just finished Blackmoore, and now I'm having a hard time deciding which Julianne Donaldson title I like best. Adventure, a swoon-worthy hero, drama, a hugh regal house, what's not to love about both of her books? I could see both of them making an awesome miniseries. They'd be right at home on the BBC, PBS, or Hallmark Channel.






2. The Entire Bridgerton Series

A regency family with eight siblings looking, avoiding, and accidentally falling in love: one with a duke, one with the wrong sister, one with a Cinderella girl, one with a mysterious writer, one with a penpal, with a spouse's relative, one with an unfortunate son, and one with a girl who is already engaged? Oh the drama for their poor momma. The Bridgerton series has great potential to be a interwoven family drama, with a much happier outcome than Downton Abbey. Because of its adult content, I could see it on a women's network like Lifetime or We.




3. My Life Next Door

Such a sweet and refreshing novel. A healthy, fairly realistic teen romance, with some family drama thrown in. I could see it on the same shelf as "Ten Things I Hate About You," "Say Anything," and "Pretty In Pink." It would make a great full length film or tv movie on ABC family.





4. How Not To Be Popular

This novel was cute, funny, with a bit of retro clothing hipster thrown in. Pre-Lady Gaga, a teenage girl decides she's going to throw together strange outfits to express herself and keep others away. It would make a funny Disney movie.



5. Songs for A Teenage Nomad

A great book for music lovers, this novel really inspired me. I could see it as an MTV series because the character reminds me of the girls from "Freaks and Geeks" and "My So Called Life" with less angst and more expression.




6. Once Upon A Prince

An awesome, romantic novel for people who love modern fairy tales and enjoy watching the royal family. This would make a prefect Valentine's Day movie, either on the big screen on television.




7. The Entire Anne of Green Gables series

While I've enjoyed the episodes I've watched of "Emily of New Moon" and the PBS version of Anne of Green Gables, isn't about time to re-vamp this awesome series for girls? I'm calling for a new series that follows Anne from Green Gables to Rainbow Valley. Come on PBS, Disney, etc, what do you say?



8. Daddy Long Legs

Man I love this book so much. There's not a decent "non-musical" film out there. Hey, I'd settle for a modern-day retelling.




9. The Entire Blackbird series

How is this paranormal, Twilight-esque series, with hints PG-13 "50 Shades" S&M, not an anime yet? If this was a YA novel and not a manga, it would be a household name.




10. Howl's Moving Castle series


I love the Disney/Miyazak film, however this would be epic as a live-action series. There were enough changes between the current film and the book that a live-action series of this novel could still be new and fresh. Following the entire series would be even better.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails