Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live In

(In Order of Dread)

1. Any Warhammer Novel- 40K Universe: Oshie, my husband, loves this universe, but we really, REALLY wouldn't want to live there. Constant war, aliens, demons, humanity's emperor is on life support...not good times, unless you really like chaos.




2. The Song of Ice and Fire Universe: Seemingly, death or tragedy finds everyone in the Seven Kingdoms. Author George R. R. Martin could decide he doesn't like you anymore.


3. The Hunger Games - Panem: Oppression and starvation or your name in the bowl to fight in the Hunger Games? As much as I love The Hunger Games series, I would be a nervous wreck living there.


4. The Saga Universe: War, magic, divided alien races. Fun to read, wouldn't want to live there.


5. Inuyasha - Feudal Japan: I also love Inuyasha, but going between the past and the present to fight demons is not for me.



6. Regency England (Jane Austen, Julia Quinn, etc.): If I had a time machine, I'd love to visit Regency England, but I wouldn't want to stay forever. I'd miss the Internet, refrigerators, my car, being able to wear jeans, etc.


7. Gone With the Wind (Pre, Mid, and Post American Civil War): I would have hated living in a time when America was completely divided. War, death, and lack of supplies.


8. Dune - Arrakis: While I think the female Bene Gesserit group is awesome, being stuck without water or addicted to spice, sounds like a hard life.


9. The Casual Vacancy - Pagford: Depressing small-town politics? Been there, done that.


10. The Southern Vampire Mysteries/True Blood Universe: As a longtime vampire fan, I'm not sure how I'd feel if vampires suddenly revealed themselves. Some things are best left unknown or in books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails