Friday, March 21, 2014

Review: The Guild, #1 by Felicia Day


The Guild (The Guild, #1)The Guild by Felicia Day
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Although the book description/blurb calls The Guild an "Internet phenomenon", I was not aware of it prior to finding it on Goodreads. Glad I didn't miss out!

Cyd is having some personal issues. Her boyfriend is a selfish douchebag and she's currently in therapy. She turns to an online game (similar to World of Warcraft maybe?) for an escape. But she finds so much more: a means of expression, friendship, and self-confidence.

Even if you're not a gamer, I feel that us Internet nerds can relate. The Guild really captures the fun of making online friends for the first time.

I loved this, and I hope to check out more of "The Guild phenomenon" soon!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails