Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR list


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top Ten Books On My Summer TBR list

Ah, summertime when I dream of escaping to the beach, personally or vicariously through a good read!



1.) What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick - I've been so busy with classes and moving, I can't wait to finally sit down and read one of my most anticipated books of the year.


2.) Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell - I started this one back in December, but misplaced it as I was packing!! Thankfully, I've found it. Once I finish "Fangirl" (which I'm loving), I'm going to get back to this one.


 3.) Easy by Tammara Webber - Actually bought this one last summer and never got around to it. Let's lessen the TBR pile!



4.) How to Run With A Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper - When things get too hot here in the South, I'll cool down with this paranormal Alaskan romance.


5.) The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer - Being an Austen fan, I'm frequently recommended Heyer. I'm told The Grand Sophy is one of her best.


6.) Shrub Monkeys Vol. 1 by Katie & Shaggy Shanahan - If you're not familiar with Shrub Monkeys, trust me, you need to be! The hilarious webcomic is now in print. I'm looking forward to re-reading the awesomeness by the pool.


7.) Beauty by Robin McKinley - An oldie that has been highly recommended. Another I want to knock off the TBR pile!



8.) The Complete Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi - Heard great things about this comic-strip style memoir that has been sitting on my shelf for a while.



9.) Number The Stars by Lois Lowry - I loved "The Giver" and with the movie buzz, I'm looking forward to reading more of Lowry's work.



10). A Walk In The Woods by Bill Bryson - Dunno how much hiking I'll get to do this summer, so maybe I'll just read in the woods instead!

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited to read What I Thought was True and Eleanor & Park!

    Also, Number the Stars is really good. I love Lois Lowry's books! Have you read the other books in the Giver series? I've read Gathering Blue and the Messenger, but I haven't read the forth book that just came out recently.

    Great list! Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been meaning to read Persepolis. Great list. Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved Eleanor & Park. It's one of my favourite Rainbow Rowell books. I hope you enjoy your reading this summer!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails