Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Authors I Own The Most Books From


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

 Ten Authors I Own The Most Books From

1.) Julia Quinn - I became interested in regency romance around 2007 and Quinn quickly became one of my favorite authors. I own all of her books. Since my move I actually discovered that I had multiple copies of some titles.

2.) Rinko Ueda - I feel like adding manga authors is cheating on the list, since a manga series can have many, many volumes...but out of all my manga I own the most from Ueda (something like 26 volumes) who is the author of the hilarious Tail of the Moon and dramatic Stepping on Roses. I really connect with her humor (in translation anyhow).

3.) Meg Cabot - Cabot is my hero and my high school favorite. I own every Princess Diary and All American Girl novel. I have several Insatiable and some of the Heather Wells mysteries that I haven't got around to reading. I also known several of her books under her pen name: Patricia Cabot.

4.) Laura Ingalls Wilder - The Little House books were a childhood staple for me. I have my childhood set, some collector editions, and a travel diary that Laura wrote about her and her husband's move from South Dakota to Missouri.

5.) L. M. Montgomery - I own a set of The Anne of Green Gables series, a collectors edition, and one of the Emily of New Moon books (that I need to read, as well).

6.) Jane Austen - New editions of Austen works, especially those with pretty covers, are a buying weak point for me.

7.) J. K. Rowling - This kinda feels like a given, if you followed the series. I don't own her pen name/books for adults, but I have hardbacks of the HP series and Beedle the Bard.

8.) Lloyd Alexander - Yay for the only man on the list! I love the first two books in the Prydain series. Sadly, I own more of his work than I've read...so far.

9.) Stephenie Meyer - I was conflicted about this one, because I wasn't sure, again, if graphic novel titles should count. However, even without graphic novels, I still own all of her titles to date.

10.) Marta Perry - She was my gateway into the romance genre. I own several of her sweet, inspiring romances that I really need to read more of.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails