Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Authors I've Only Read One Book From But NEED to Read More


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top Authors I've Only Read One Book From But NEED to Read More


This is a hard meme for me because once I like an author, I typical read a lot of his or her work.
  1. Ursula K. Le Guin- A Wizard of Earthsea was amazing for me. Sparrowhawk is a very underrated character, in my opinion. If I'm being honest, Earthsea held my interested better than The Hobbit did in high school...just being honest! I should really finish the series and check out Le Guin's Catwings.
  2. Diana Wynne Jones- Similarly, Howl's Moving Castle is amazing and underrated. In my experience, there seems to be a stronger following for the anime than the book. We own more of her work, and I should read the Chrestomanci series when Oshie is finished with it.
  3. Terry Pratchett- I've always heard Pratchett praised for his sense of humor. The Wee Free Men was just ok for me, but I feel I need to read other Discworld titles in order to get a better feel for his work.
  4. Juliet Marillier- As far as I'm concerned Wildwood Dancing is a YA must for fairy tale fans. I also own Daughter of The Forest...but I have yet to read it.
  5. Neil Gaiman- Stardust has been on my to-read list for a long time. I had mixed feelings about The Graveyard Book, however, I cannot deny that I'm still very interested in his work.
  6. Shannon Hale- Author of interesting books for children, teens, and adults, I've only read and enjoyed Austenland.
  7. Sherrilyn Kenyon- The first volume of The Dark-Hunters manga was a pleasant surprise and in the future I need to plan to read the first, original novel in the series.
  8. Mary Balogh- I really enjoyed the maturity and lack of angst in Balogh's Simply Perfect. Looking forward to more of her work in the future.
  9. Diana Gabaldon- Outlander was a very long, but immersive read. Since I'm hooked on the Starz series, I should really pick up Dragonfly in Amber at some point.
  10. Amy Kim Kibuishi- Sorcerers & Secretaries Volume 1 was absolutely adorable. I need to buy the next volume and check out her work in the Flight anthologies.

2 comments:

  1. I've got Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman on my list too! I've only read Good Omens (by both of them) and then Coraline...so obviously I need to read some more. But Pratchett has SO many books out I don't even know where to start. Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I really enjoyed Coraline the movie...need to move the book higher on my TBR pile. Checking out your TTT :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails