Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Top Ten Books I'm Looking Forward To In 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This top ten list was a challenge for me! I started working on it back in October, but became frustrated because a lot of the 2015 titles are sequels to books I haven't read.

Top Ten Books I'm Looking Forward To In 2015



1.) The Secrets of Sir Richard Kenworthy by Julia Quinn - Quinn is my favorite romance author and I blog about her books a lot. I was bummed that this title wasn't a 2014 release. Glad it comes out soon.

2.) Untitled Graphic Novel by Rainbow Rowell and Faith Erin Hicks- this project was announced early 2014...so I'm hoping it'll be released by the end of 2015, maybe? After reading Fangirl, I'd say that a graphic novel is a good fit for Rainbow Rowell.

3.) The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick - I really connected with Fitzpatrick's 2012 release "My Life Next Door," but was disappointed by this year's "What I Thought Was True." In retrospect, "What I Thought Was True" wasn't a bad story, just more bitter than I expected. Anyways, I'm curious to see what happens in a return to The Garrett family.

4.) A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab - I'm very intrigued by the concept of traveling through parallel universes, so I'm putting this one on the "to-watch" list.

5.) Silly Kingdom 2 by Katie and Shaggy Shanahan - are my Canadian webcomic heroes. Unfortunately the release of Silly Kingdom 2 has been pushed back...although I completely understand that balancing art and life takes time. Looking forward to seeing more of their work in the new year.

6.) Shadow Study by Maria V. Snyder - I really liked Yelena's character from the Study series. Although I am behind on the books, I'm glad Snyder is continuing to write that world.

7.) The Golden Key Chronicles by  A.J. Nuest - I randomly found this title, but it sounds tailor-made for my bookshelf: fantasy, romance, and time-travel.

8.) Heart In A Box by Kelly Thompson and Meredith McClarten - The synopsis sounds reminiscent of Scott Pilgrim, in a total good way. Possibly darker.

9.) I Am Princess X by Cherie Priest - A mystery about two girls who create a female superhero. Looks very unique, in my humble opinion.

10.) Last Chance Llama Ranch by Hilary Fields - Not a lot of info on this one yet, but it certainly sounds like a witty romance.

2 comments:

  1. Snyder made my list as well. I actually really liked What I Thought Was True, but I also loved My Life Next Door. I'm also excited for that one.

    Great picks!

    here's my post

    Thanks! I also have a $30 giveaway going on, so be sure to check that out.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails