Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing This Year

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

First edition of Pride & Prejudice? Probably not, but these are cool, too.

Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing This Year



1.) Manga Classics: Pride & Prejudice - I saw a French manga version of Pride & Prejudice years ago, but I was disappointed because, unfortunately, my French is very elementary. Today, I'm happy there's an English version. I love the beauty of manga-style illustrations.


2.) The Happy Book - I've really enjoyed the journals and writing prompts I received last year. They're a great way to get offline and explore your own creativity and personality.


3.)  The Power of Habit - I feel like everyone else has read this! News anchors, magazines, and people in my community, frequently quote this book. Time to see what the fuss is about.


4.) Tomboy: A Graphic Memoir - I really enjoyed this year's graphic novel panel at The Decatur Book Festival. Although I didn't have money to buy all the awesome books I saw, they're perfect for my wish list.


5.) Alias Hook - Another random find. An adult romance about Captain Hook? Very interesting.


6.) Red Rising - All year I've read a lot of good buzz for this YA scifi novel. Just never got around to buying it.


7.) As You Wish - Who doesn't love The Princess Bride?? Go behind-the-scenes, yes!


8.) Girl Online - I randomly found this while browsing Amazon to create this list. Although I'm not familiar with the author, the character sounds like me seven years ago.


9.) North and South - I love, love the mini-series starring Richard Armitage. High-time I check the classic novel out.


10.) We Were Liars - So much buzz for this book! It just won The Goodreads Choice Award for Best YA Fiction 2014.


Merry Christmas To All And To All A Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails