Friday, January 2, 2015

In My Mailbox (Dec. 2014)


Happy New Year!

I'm thinking I was extra good this year because I got an amazing amount of books from my wishlist. I've also heard that The Farmer's Almanac is predicting a cold winter here in the South, so all the more reason to snuggle up with one of my new reads.


First off, I took part in the Goodreads Group: College Students! Secret Santa swap again this year. It was a little bittersweet, cause it's my last year as a student...for a while. I actually opened the package after my graduation, so in a way it was like a Christmas and graduation gift all rolled into one. Imani, my college Secret Santa did a great job! I went ahead and dug into "Will You Still Love Me If I Wet The Bed?" and plan to read "Tess of the D'ubervilles" soon and feature it in my Classics' Corner. Imani wasn't aware that I'm a postcard collector, but included some awesome shots of New York City!



Secondly, I also joined The Broke And The Bookish's Secret Santa swap. I had tons of fun shopping for my giftee, Alex, and I hope to join the swap again next year. My Santa delivered the package to my in-law's house, where I have a tradition of opening one gift on Christmas Eve. Brandy of A Little Of The Book Life created two unique gifts for me that I will treasure for years to come: a bookmark of my favorites shelf and a Jane Eyre Christmas ornament! She also shared two of her family recipes with me and loaded me down with delicious dark chocolate (Oshie, of course, ate about half of it, lol).


And gave me three books that have been on my wishlist for quite some time! Great mix of romance, fantasy, and paranormal to start my 2015 off right :)



My family Christmas list consisted of books and clothes. Since I'm fairly sure you're visiting for the books, here's what I got for birthday, graduation, and Christmas from Oshie and various wonderful family:


And not to be outdone, Oshie got some cool book gifts as well:

(I'll probably borrow Console Wars and Totoro eventually...)

Through and through, it was a very Merry book Christmas! I am very thankful for the fun and enjoyment these will bring. I hope to read and review many of them here in 2015.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails