Friday, January 30, 2015

Jane in January Review: Manga Classics: Pride & Prejudice


Manga Classics: Pride & PrejudiceManga Classics: Pride & Prejudice by Stacy King
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have to admit that I'm a little biased for this book, because I love Pride & Prejudice AND manga.

Me when I found out about this book:

pure wonder

Thoroughly enjoyed it!

The illustrator did a great job on all the characters, but especially Darcy and Elizabeth:

Darcy and Elizabeth

The author does put her own, slight, spin on the story. But for me, it kept it fresh. Much like watching the differences in the many tv and film versions of Pride & Prejudice, the heart of the same story is there.

Can't wait for the Manga Classics' version of Emma. I truly hope they make Manga Classics out of all Jane Austen's work!


View all my reviews



4 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I love Pride and Prejudice, probably more than I should. I didn't know there was a manga edition of it! I'm definitely going to see if I can pick this book up soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! :) In the past few years I've really become a regency England addict.

      Not big into zombies, but I'll probably even see the Pride & Prejudice & Zombies movie, lol.

      Delete
  2. I keep seeing this one, and really need to read it. Nice artwork. Also, it's nice to see the classics getting manga adaptations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely! I love classics and love manga, so the combo is perfect for my nerd-girl tastes :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails