Thursday, January 15, 2015

Review: As You Wish by Cary Elwes


As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess BrideAs You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of The Princess Bride by Cary Elwes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A very enjoyable look back at the making of The Princess Bride!

In my opinion, The Princess Bride is a very unrated movie...even with me personally. When naming my favorite movies, I would probably forgot to mention it, although it had a big impact on my imagination and sense of humor.

When randomly browsing for books, how could the adventurous cover not catch your eye? My interest piqued, I asked for it for Christmas, being a film fan and Princess Bride fan in general.

However, having read the book, I have a whole new level of appreciation for the movie. The struggle the project had, the extremely hard physical work it took to create the fight scenes, and all the fun amongst the cast, really cemented the film in my mind. I suddenly have the fervor to re-watch the movie (it's NOT on NETFLIX, WHY??), buy a copy for my collection and future generations, and try to re-read the novel. There's even a game app that I'll probably be addicted to later. Strangely enough, it's also really piqued my interest in fencing. If I didn't have a bum foot, I'd probably be running around right now telling people to "Prepare to die."

Can you tell that I'm part of The Princess Bride cult now?

Again, a fun, enjoyable, heartfelt read!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails