Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Top Ten 2014 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn't Get To

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

2014, Just Ran Out of Time
  1. Love Letters To The Dead by Ava Dellaira - I found this title while randomly browsing and was very intrigued by the comparisons to "Perks of Being A Wallflower." It certainly seems like a good pick for music lovers.
  2. Pioneer Girl: The Annotated Autobiography by Laura Ingalls Wilder - This title was a last minute addition to my Christmas list, but it couldn't be found! Apparently, it's in high demand and out-of-stock most places.
  3. Red Rising by Pierce Brown - As a long time scifi fan and generally enjoying dystopian lit, I want to finally, finally read this book soon! I smell movie to follow.
  4. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins - In 2015, I hope to make time for the whole trilogy. I saw Stephanie Perkins at the Decatur Book Festival and she seems like a fun and sweet author.
  5. Something Real by Heather Demetrois - This title was discovered from a Secret Santa wishlist via The Book Banner. In the past, I've wondered how people go back to normal after reality tv, and it's interesting that this book explores that idea.
  6. Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng - Although I own this, I never got around to sitting down with this recent and much talked about family drama and mystery.
  7. Console Wars: Sega, Nintendo, and the Battle that Defined a Generation by Blake J. Harris - Growing up a Nintendo girl through-and-through, video game history fascinates me. Although hubby bought this, he gave me full permission to read it before he does...just didn't have time at the end of 2014.
  8. Liar, Temptress, Solider, Spy by Karen Abbott - This author was also at the Decatur Book Festival, however we arrived too late to see her panel. Hopefully, in the future I can catch up on the history and what I missed. 
  9. Black Bird Volume 18 by Kanoko Sakurakouji - Even though I really enjoyed the start of this paranormal romance series, I ended up dragging my feet on buying the last volumes.
  10. The Will by Kristen Ashley - I learned about this book from the Goodreads Choice Awards. Highly rated, maybe I can catch-up on the romance genre later this year.

6 comments:

  1. Two of these are on my list -- "Red Rising" and "Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy." I hope you get a chance to read all the books on your list soon! )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely read Red Rising ASAP!! You will devour it and wonder where has it been all your life!!! Check out my Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! :) I saw that the sequel is out, I really need to catch up.

      Delete
  3. I didn't even hear about Red Rising until a few weeks ago, but it sounds really good. Isla and the Happyily Ever After was as cute as the other books, I flew through it. :) Console Wars sounds so good! I'm going to have to look that up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read that there going to make a dramatic, semi-fictional movie about Console Wars. Kinda like The Social Network. Might be interesting :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails