Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Ten Authors We REALLY Want To Meet

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!



Ten Authors We REALLY Want To Meet

Vonze:

1.) Peter S. Beagle - His work was an essential part of my childhood and greatly aided my love of fantasy and imagination. I have an autographed book, but I'd like to meet him in person.

2.) Anne Rice - She visited Atlanta during my high school years, and to this day, I still kick myself for not begging to go to her book signing. But at the time, vampires were not appropriate reading material for teenage girls...

3.) Suzanne Collins - I vaguely recall the Mockingjay book tour being very short and in limited cities. I've heard that Collins is very shy, which I completely respect. If she was up for a larger tour one day, I'd be there.

4.) Richard Adams - He's 94! If I ever had the opportunity, it would be an honor to meet the author of the beloved classic: Watership Down. 

5.) Kate Beaton - Her work is an amazing combination of humor, historical, and literary fact with whimsical drawings. Who is this awesome, cool person??

Oshie:


6.) Dan Abnett - Is a comic book (Guardians of the Galaxy) and Warhammer novelist, who, seemingly, rarely crosses the pond. He's one of Oshie's top writers.

7.) Hayao Miyazaki - We're both huge fans of Miyazaki, but Oshie beat me to naming him. Miyazaki is an extremely talented animator and direction, who is also the author of several manga titles.

8.) Jeff Grubb - He's not only an author, but also a role-playing game designer. He wrote Oshie's favorite Magic the Gathering title.

9.) Graham McNeill - Is another Warhammer novelist that Oshie enjoys reading. His work got Oshie hooked on The Black Library.

10.) Micheal Moorcock -Moorcock is best known for Elric of MeInibone, a sword and sorcery character. He has been named one of the top greatest British writers since 1945.

11 comments:

  1. I would totally sign up for any tour if Suzanne Collins was participating :) I kind of forgot her from my own list, no idea how that happened haha! Great list from both of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! You don't hear much out of Collins herself...I haven't heard anything about her future plans of writing, new series, anything. :(

      Delete
  2. Not familiar with the authors you listed but hope you meet them :)
    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's so nice of you to say :) If you like fantasy, I can recommend Peter. S. Beagle's Last Unicorn. It's kinda a bittersweet romance.

      Delete
  3. I would totally go to a Suzanne Collins book tour event. That would be awesome. I’ve heard that she doesn’t do many of them.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, for Mockingjay I kept hoping she'd visit my state or a neighboring state :( But maybe in the future.

      Delete
  4. I had Suzanne Collins on my list too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/12/top-ten-tuesday-4/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Hope we both get to see her someday :D

      Delete
  5. I'd love to meet Richard Adams! While I haven't yet read Watership Down, it would be so cool to meet one of my mom's favorite authors. :) And Suzanne Collins is another author I'd love to say hello to!

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT.
    Alex @ The Book Banner

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet Anne Riced would be an interesting author to meet!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-ten-authors-i-really.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHOA, I didn't even know Richard Adams was still ALIVE! Watership Down was sooooo good. I've got Tales From Watership Down on my TBR shelf, just calling to me. What a great list!

    Suzanne Collins made my list too, (https://christinahufford.wordpress.com/2015/05/12/ten-authors-i-would-never-meet/), though my list was of people I DON'T want to meet, because I'd be way too nervous and shy to talk to them. XD

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails