Wednesday, June 17, 2015

(Belated) Top Ten Books On My TBR For Summer 2015

(Sorry for the belated Top Ten Tuesday, I'm currently under the weather)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!



Top Ten Books On My TBR For Summer 2015

1.) Far From The Madding Crowd - As I posted earlier, I am obsessed with this movie and HAVE to read the book now. I hope I can figure out what the main character, Bathsheba Everdene, was thinking!

2.) To Kill A Mockingbird - It's been a while since I've read this classic and I want it fresh in my mind when "Go Set A Watchman" releases in July. Super excited.

3.) The Two Towers - I put off reading Lord of The Rings for years. Well, the time is now! Having read The Fellowship of The Ring, I want to continue on and get to the good parts with Gollum.

4.) The First Four Years - I've been full of Laura Ingalls hype from reading her autobiography, Pioneer Girl. Now I'd like to revisit the book about her first years of marriage from an adult's prospective.

5.) Tess of the D'urbervilles - While I'm on the Far From The Madding Crowd kick, I also need to check out more Thomas Hardy novels. I received this one in the Goodreads' College Student Christmas swap! Need to move higher on my TBR pile.

6.) Manga Classics: Emma - I loved the Pride and Prejudice comic from Manga Classics! I'm sure they'll do justice to Emma as well.

7.) Sense and Sensibility - For the past several weeks, I've had the urge to revisit this classic. Dunno if it's the previews of the new Alan Rickman & Kate Winslet movie or what. So far, I've put it off because I'm searching for a copy with larger print.

8.) Anne of Ingleside, Green Gables Series #6 - Too much time has past since I started the Anne of Green Gables series! I got overwhelmed with college and life and forgot which book I left off with. For me, #4 and #5 had several sad moments and started to feel repetitive. Maybe this one will be better?

9.) Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Apparently, in the early 90s, Nintendo Power had a comic based on the popular video game. I wasn't much of a magazine reader as a kid and didn't play the game until the late 90s, so I'm curious about what I missed.

10). Ms. Marvel: No Normal - Highly recommended, I'm hoping I'll have time to see what the hype is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails