Friday, June 5, 2015

In My Mailbox: May 2015

In My Mailbox: May 2015

We buy and trade a lot of books and I wish I remembered to add them to this blog more often. :( Is there a way to streamline posts from Instagram to Blogger? I wish. Maybe then I'd post about my incoming books without the hassle of getting the photo off my phone or camera, onto the computer, and back to Blogger.

Anyhow, I digress...I had some interesting incomings in May. I didn't get nearly enough reading done because of my foot surgery. I pre-wrote several posts for May and thought I would get a lot of reviews done during the month. But then I didn't take into account how I would feel after surgery.

Finally got a copy of Pioneer Girl, the autobiography of Laura Ingalls Wilder, from Books-a-million.com! Amazon has had it out of stock for months. I'm currently reading it and the forward is fascinating. It's a thousand wonders that Wilder's writing finally was published.

I found several used books related to the film history of Gone With The Wind and biographies of Margaret Mitchell. At the beginning of the year, the family and I revisited Margaret Mitchell's house in downtown Atlanta. It's a thousand wonders that the film was ever made. The production had problems from the start: changes in directors, cameramen, actors that didn't want to commit, and no full script.


From paperbackswap.com I finally received a copy of JK Rowling's Cuckoo's Calling. I love ex-library books. Guess I'll see what all the fuss was about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails