Thursday, June 18, 2015

Review: We Were Liars by E. Lockhart


We Were LiarsWe Were Liars by E. Lockhart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A wannabe summer romance with the wrong boy. Secrets to save a girl from pain and to keep up an honorable family name. A creepy, heartbreaking end. Fair warning: Sad, tragic ending alert.

I first learned about We Were Liars from the Goodreads Choice Awards. Suddenly, it came highly recommended by everyone. But I was a little skeptical if I’d enjoy it. When you read a lot, you get burnt out on certain genres and plots. Summer love + the wrong boy + a Wuthering Heights influence =…seems like I’ve read that before.

Yet, for me, ‘We Were Liars’ was an effortless and enjoyable read. It has a classic, timeless, but relatable, feel: yearly family gatherings, quirky family members, slight dysfunction, and a greater sense that something isn’t quite right or things are not as they seem.

An easy summer read. Great for people who enjoy fiction with a twist.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails