Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I've Read So Far In 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!



Top Ten Books I've Read So Far In 2015

Where has the year gone?? Hard to believe July is upon us.

1.) As You Wish - A fun look into one of the coolest movies of all time! The Princess Bride has been cemented as one of my favorite movies, especially now that I know how difficult it was to get the green light for production and how complicated the scenes were to film.

2.) Manga Classics Pride & Prejudice - A really worthy illustrated version of P&P. Great for quickly re-living the novel or introducing it to younger generations.

3.) The Secrets of Sir Richard Kenworthy - This was a suspenseful read from Julia Quinn! A true page turner for me.

4.) Voyager - *Key Music*: Reunited and it feels so good! I don't want to spoil anything for other readers...lets just say this finally resolves some of the cliffhangers.

5.) The Worrier's Guide to Life - Cute and funny in a introvertly, neurotic way. I think it's a great comic strip with something for all us over-thinkers.

6.) We Were Liars- A surprisingly creepy and twisted YA novel. Not at all what I was expecting. Fun for summer reading.

7.) All the Bright Places- I've been burnt out on YA, but now I'm trying to give it a fair shot once again. The characters in the novel literally broke my heart. Very moving read.

8.) Bonnie Blue Butler- An interesting autobiographical find: the memories of the child who played Bonnie Blue Butler in 'Gone With The Wind'. The family and I recently revisited Margaret Mitchell's home/museum in Atlanta, and I'm collecting books on the making of the film.

9.) Cat Vs. Human- A must for cat mom and dads everywhere. If you enjoy Lolcatz, you'll love this.

10.) The Top 10 of Everything 2003- Again, where has the time gone? This book was a nice stroll down memory lane. I looked over the things I'd forgotten since then and how much has changed, especially prices!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails