Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Vonze at the Movies: Far From The Madding Crowd

For years, I've debated if I should start a movie blog. Before I became a bookworm, I was a movie buff. Although I average a hundred books a year, it pales in comparison to the number of movies I've watched in my life.

Anywho, I wanted to give a shout out about the new film version of "Far From The Madding Crowd" also a novel by Thomas Hardy.

I AM NOW OBSESSED WITH THIS MOVIE. OMG.

Best movie since I saw Pride & Prejudice (2005) in theaters.



The trailer is good but really doesn't tell viewers much. Bathsheba Everdene (hm, did Collins get Katniss' last name from her??) lives on a farm and is courted by the shepherd next door. Due to a tragedy, their courtship cannot continue. Bathsheba's world is changed when she inherits her uncle's large property. As a landowner, she moves up in the world and is courted by another local landowner. By chance, she's also entranced by a young solider. Drama, romance, plot twist, beautiful setting, all the stuff I love.

I'm planning to read the book asap and dig up the old 1967 version of the film!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails