Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Top Ten Hyped Books I've Never Read

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!



Top Ten Hyped Books I've Never Read

1.) The Lightning Thief/Percy Jackson series - I've never been a fan of mythology. I can't really say if it was the way it was taught in school or if the number of gods and goddesses just overwhelm me.

2.) The Fault in Our Stars - John Green is a good writer, but his novels seem to be sad slices of life. "A Walk to Remember" was my generation's version of this.

3.) The Kite Runner - I've heard nothing but good things about Khaled Hosseini's work. Just haven't got around to reading it.

4.) 1984 - It ranks in every "books everyone should read" list I've seen on and off Goodreads. I know it's inspired several of my favorite books and movies. I should really move it higher on my to-read list.

5.) The Time Traveler's Wife - Many people recommended it to me when it was first released, but I ended up watching the movie instead. I liked the movie and I'm sure the book is much better.

6.) The Chronicles of Narnia - I wanted to read this series in middle school, but prior to the Internet, I had no way of knowing which was the first book. Again, watched the movies instead...

7.) The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - I'm not much for thriller, mystery novels. Watching the international version of the movie, and fast forwarding through several parts, was enough for me.

8.) The Da Vinci Code - Ditto. 

9.) Life of Pi - I'm starting to see that when movies of books are released, it kinda kills my eagerness to read them.

10.) Cinder/The Lunar Chronicles - I hope to finally get to it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails