Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Top Ten Authors I've Read The Most Books From

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!


Top Ten Authors I've Read The Most Books From

Alright, this top ten confused me, because I, too, thought we'd covered this topic before. However, as a hopeless book nerd, books you own vs. books you've read are entirely different things. There's authors I've actually read:

1.) Julia Quinn - No shock there. I got hooked on her Bridgerton series, which is currently nine books long. Afterwards, I merrily made my way through the rest of her work. Love her mix of romance and comedy.

2.) Meg Cabot - Also, not a shock. I don't know how I would have survived my teenage years without a hilarious Meg Cabot story in hand. I actually, recently, bought one of her novels for adults. She's like the book world's Tina Fey, before there was Tina Fey.

3.) R. L. Stine - A childhood favorite. My mom wasn't a horror fan, so naturally I really wanted to read horror stories as a kid. At my elementary school, his work made reading cool before Harry Potter. I didn't own many of the books, but I borrowed a ton from the library.

4.) Laura Ingalls Wilder - Another childhood favorite. Not long ago I read one of her travel diaries and her autobiography for adults. Today, it's insane to think she had a hard time getting published.

5.) J.K Rowling - I feel like the Harry Potter series is a given. I've also read The Casual Vacancy, and although it wasn't my favorite, I'm still open to trying a Robert Galbraith novel.

6.) Anne Rice - My dark, moody teenage years were also accompanied by Anne Rice vampire novels. Her characters are pretty much the granddaddies of all 'good' vampire characters today. She did it first and she did it right.

7.) L. M. Montgomery - I really hope to read all of her work someday. Although some of her titles are over one hundred years old, they're still laugh-out-loud funny and inspiring.

8.) William Shakespeare - Total nerd, I know. I was required to read a lot of his work in school. However, I soon realized that I really enjoyed it. You can't get any more classic than Shakespeare.

9.) Louisa May Alcott - Although 'Little Women' shines as her most enduring work, she wrote tons of other stories. I read she wasn't fond of writing for children, but she did a good job at it regardless.

10.) Charles Dickens - I'm not sure how many times I've read 'A Christmas Carol', but I almost know it by heart. His work is always a great mix of joy, sorrow, and mystery. He was truly a genius.

2 comments:

  1. I have Rowlings on my list as well and have the exact same thoughts on her and her writing as you :)
    I never read anything by Quinn but i will look into her and see what I can get a hold of and try her soon.
    I honestly completely forgot about shakespeare in my list. I read all of his stuff at least once (ones translated and at least ones in english). But don't have in on my goodreads because how the heck do i rate him? So i constantly forget about him.
    Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear! I often forget about Shakespeare, too. I don't own much of his work. Most of the plays I read were in textbooks owned by my school. It wasn't until I looked on my Goodread's most read list, that I noticed I've read more of his work than I realize.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails