Thursday, September 17, 2015

Decatur Book Festival 2015


Decatur Book Festival 2015

Once again Oshie and I had a delightful time at the Decatur Book Festival. It truly is a book lover's dream with bargains on new books, author panels, book signings, freebies, and bookish gifts everywhere to be found. We didn't want it to end! I wish every weekend could be DBF weekend, but then I'd be broke.

We attended great panels including:
We wanted to go to more, but that was an action packed day with barely enough time for lunch and creating our own DBF 2015 t-shirt!

Before the New Fantasy Fiction panel
Overall, for us, the DBF is a great way to learn about authors we're not familiar with. I'm excited to read the new releases of all the authors we saw. The DBF helps create my birthday and Christmas lists. Oshie was a great sport for going with me to the Romance Pavilion, especially when I was tempted to use him as an example of an Alpha Male (too introverted for that). Katie AshleyHeather C. Leigh, and Jillian Neal gave some great examples and I can't wait to read their work.

During the "No Better Friend" panel
In the De-Extinction panel, my inner child was disappointed to learn that dinosaurs will probably never be cloned Jurassic Park style. But Wooly Mammoths might! Beth Shapiro gave a flawless presentation, and Oshie picked up some pointers from her style. The New Fantasy Fiction panel was so fun. Cindy Dees and Fran Wilde are both super smart and cool ladies. Hands down, "No Better Friend: One Man, One Dog, and Their Extraordinary Story of Courage and Survival in WWII" by Robert Weintraub should be a movie. If you enjoyed "War Horse," I think you'll like this book.

It was a great trip and I highly recommend visiting the Decatur Book Festival if you have the chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails