Tuesday, October 27, 2015

My Top Ten Books for Halloween


My Top Ten Books for Halloween


Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice - If you're looking for a serious vampire story, no romance necessary, Anne Rice is your lady. The book takes you on a journey as Louis adjusts to his life as a tortured vampire. It's a modern classic.

Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris - If you're looking for vampire love Southern style, Dead Until Dark is your book. Contains mature content. I probably won't finish the series because I've heard too many unfortunate spoilers. But the first book is thrilling.

The Art of Seducing A Naked Werewolf (Naked Werewolf #2) by Molly Harper - If a romantic comedy is more your thing, I highly recommend this series! #2 is my favorite, because in my experience, there's not a lot of stories about lady werewolves. Also contains mature content.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - Ah, the combination of a beloved classic and, well, creatures that are gross. But I get the obtuse humor behind it! Read it now before the movie comes out. I can't wait. I love Regency England, even when there's zombies.

Millennium Snow series by Bisco Hatori - If a paranormal manga with comedic elements is more your thing, I recommend Millennium Snow. After Volumes 1 and 2, the series went on hiatus for years, but happily, the author finally finished it.

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White - There's lots of rumors about a lady Ghostbusters' movie in the works. Well, until then, Paranormalcy is a very cute story about a girl fighting paranormal creatures, while trying to have a normal life.

The Watcher In The Woods by Florence Engel Randall - Travel back to the 1970s in this classic YA that inspired an eerie Disney movie. Nowadays, it's part time capsule, but also an entertainingly dramatic little read.

Winter's Bone by Daniel Woodrell - For those not into paranormal hokus pokus, Winter's Bone is a dark and haunting backwoods story that could be a true crime special.

The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe - If you like classics, this story is great for reading aloud in the dark with friends. Be sure to download a racing heart sound effect to creep everyone out!

The Vampire Book: The Encyclopedia of the Undead - If you love vampire lore and vampire characters in general, this book is a great resource. I have the 1998 edition, I'm sure there's been lots of updates since then (Truth Blood, Twilight, Vampire Academy, Vampire Knight, The Vampire Diaries, etc.).

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad they're making Pride & Prejudice & Zombies into a movie, but I hope they don't screw it up...I really liked the book and whenever I see a movie version of a fave book I get a little nervous, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! The trailer looks good, so *fingers crossed.*

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails