Friday, November 6, 2015

Review: It Was Me All Along by Andie Mitchell


It Was Me All AlongIt Was Me All Along by Andie Mitchell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It Was Me All Along is not an easy read. It’s difficult to journey through someone else’s childhood trauma and grown emotional struggles. Having been obese, I know that a lot of the problem is emotional, closely associated with family dysfunction. Although I’ve had the book for months, I put off reading it for fear of reliving my own struggles.

The author successfully conveys her hurt, loneliness, and obsession with food. It concerns me how vividly she describes and recalls what she ate in the book. I mistakenly thought that her story would begin on an inspirational high note, explaining who she is now and then reflecting on her life before. However, instead the book is a chronological emotionally exhausting memoir not for the faint of heart.

If you have struggled with your weight, some of the book will be like holding a mirror up to your face. It’s certainly good to feel you’re not alone. I only wish it had focused more on the positive end result. Overall, it’s a good read to learn more about what many obese children and adults face everyday.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails