Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Ten fictional families I'd like to celebrate Thanksgiving with


Ten fictional families I'd like to celebrate Thanksgiving with


The Darcy Family - Who needs the chaos of the Bennet household, when you can relax in the finery of the Darcy family estate? If the weather is nice, we could all enjoy a nice walk or fishing. Maybe play a duet with Georgiana on piano.

The March Family - It'd be lovely to bask in the fruits of Marmee's holiday planning, enjoy Jo's latest dinner theatre production, go ice skating, and maybe run over and taunt Teddy for a while.

Anne Shirley and The Cuthberts - Anne Shirley and the Cuthberts would be the perfect hosts. A beautiful farm to tour with Matthew, proper food and decorations by Marilla, and never-ending entertainment from Anne. Just watch what she gives you to drink!

The Ingalls Family - For an old fashioned, handmade, and hard won Christmas, I'd visit the Ingalls family. The gifts would be simple, but the home would be full of Christmas spirit, Pa's fiddle, and Ma's good cookin'.

The Cullens - If Alice had anything to do with it, the Thanksgiving decorations would be fabulous. Could you imagine dining with their expensive, ancient fine china? I think I'd sit out the after-dinner family football, baseball, or hunting trip.


The Weasley Family - Regardless of the magic, the Weasley family sticks together. Although they don't have much, they have plenty of love, kindness, and friendship to go around.

Jase Garrett's Family (My Life Next Door) - The boy next door sure has a great, hard working All-American family. They seems like the sweet kind of folks who'd welcome you to their table anytime.

The Mortmain Family (I Capture The Castle) - Being eccentric, I'm sure I'd have an easy time settling in with the Mortmain family. Explore the castle, stay out of Mr. Mortmain's way as he pretends to work, and have a grand dinner with the Cottons.

The Finch Family (To Kill A Mockingbird) - Pouring syrup all over our food would make for a sweet literary feast. Afterwards we could whine that Atticus won't play football with the Methodists and enjoy tall-tales with Dill.

Elrond, The Lord of Rivendell (Lord of the Rings) - For awkward fantasy fun, it'd be great to gather around the table as Elrond's daughter, Arwen, brings Aragorn over to meet the family for the first time. "Dad meet my boyfriend, he's kinda human, and I know we're elves, but that's cool, right?"

2 comments:

  1. fun group of families!!! I went this direction for this week's theme too :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll check out your link. Sorry this is so belated!!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails