Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year


 Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year



The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah: "Women get on with it. For us it was a shadow war. There were no parades for us when it was over, no medals or mentions in history books. We did what we had to during the war, and when it was over, we picked up the pieces and started our lives over.”


The Fellowship of the Ring by J. R. R. Tolkien: "“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”"


The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry: “And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.”


Voyager by Diana Gabaldon: "“I shook so that it was some time before I realized that he was shaking too, and for the same reason. I don't know how long we sat there on the dusty floor, crying in each others arms with the longing of twenty years spilling down our faces.”"


A Darker Shade of Magic by Victoria Schwab: “He would see her again. He knew he would. Magic bent the world. Pulled it into shape. There were fixed points. Most of the time they were places. But sometimes, rarely, they were people. For someone who never stood still, Lila felt like a pin in Kell's world. One he was sure to snag on.”


Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen: "“It is not everyone,' said Elinor, 'who has your passion for dead leaves.""


The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan: “a man there was, though some did count him mad, the more he cast away the more he had.”


Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl: "“I understand what you're saying, and your comments are valuable, but I'm gonna ignore your advice.”"


The Secrets of Sir Richard Kenworthy by Julia Quinn: “Maybe she was a wallflower. There was no shame in that. Especially not if one enjoyed being a wallflower.”


Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee: “Since Atlanta, she had looked out the dining-car window with a delight almost physical.”

4 comments:

  1. Aww I love The Little Prince! So many lines to quote in that book :)

    Great choices!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails