It's time again for the Perpetualpageturner.com's End of Year Book Survey!
Number Of Books You Read: 115
Number of Re-Reads: 7
Genre You Read The Most From: Graphic Novels/Manga, Non-fiction, YA
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
"How to be A Heroine" was a much different book than I expected. I learned a lot about the author's culture, but the book also had a lot of spoilers.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
I bought "Batman Earth One Vol. 1" as a gift and ended up reading it myself. I couldn't put it down. The next Batman movie should be based on this.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
"The Fellowship of the Ring" for best series started. Best Sequel was "Batman Earth One Vol. 2." And surprisingly, I didn't read any series ender in 2015!
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?
Everyone on my Top Ten List but especially, Gene Stratton-Porter, who all-around wrote my type of book.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
"Everything I Never Told You" by Celeste Ng
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Tie between "As You Wish," "The Nightingale," and "The Fellowship of The Ring."
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Probably, "Pride & Prejudice" in one form or another :).
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?
I wanna travel back in time and laugh around the stream with the gang!
11. Most memorable character of 2015?
Kell from "A Darker Shade of Magic." The descriptions about his eyes and jacket! Traveling through different Londons! Being a prince but not being a prince!
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?
"The Little Prince." Even though its been translated, it's still lovely.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?
"Ball: Complete Book of Home Preserving"
As I try to keep the memories and the ways of my grandparents alive, this book has been so helpful. I'll be flipping through it for years to come.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?
"The Fellowship of The Ring." I really should have jumped on the bandwagon pre-movie or just shortly after. I have all this fangirl excitement for it now.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?
All the ones on my Top Ten. It's hard to pick just one. Probably, "every man’s watchman, is his conscience" from "Go Set A Watchman," too.
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
Shortest = "This Book Just Ate My Dog!" by Richard Byrne (32 page Children's Book)
Longest = "1,000 Places to See Before You Die" by Patricia Schultz (992 Travel Guide)
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
"Go Set A Watchman." Deaths. Language. Complete Personality Changes in many characters.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Claire and Jamie! Outlander!
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Marianne and Eleanor, sisters from Sense & Sensibility.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
"The Secrets of Sir Richard Kenworthy" by Julia Quinn, I just love all her work.
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
"Wreath" by Judy Christie
This came highly recommended by my hubby's relatives. It was a great read!
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?
Strider from LOTR. Again, Kell from "A Darker Shade of Magic."
23. Best 2015 debut you read?
I think "All The Bright Places" by Jennifer Niven is a debut? Please correct me if I'm wrong ;)
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Hands down, The Fellowship of the Ring. They'll never be another quite like Tolkien.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
So many ties for this question! "Cat Vs. Human," "Worrier's Guide to Life," "Chi's Sweet Home," "Doctor Cat," "Shrub Monkeys," and "Ms. Marvel."
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?
"The Nightingale," "Voyager," and "When Crickets Cry" by Charles Martin.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
I feel like I'm the only one who's read "A Girl of the Limberlost" by Gene Stratton-Porter and "The Story Girl" by L.M. Montgomery, here lately. But they are both sweet books, that shouldn't be forgotten.
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Again, it's gotta be "Go Set A Watchman." I felt like Atticus turned into a Nazi Darth Vader.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?
"Kings & Queens of Great Britain: A Very Peculiar History" by Antony Mason. Ever wanted to quickly read about every monarch in British history? It's the book for you!
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
I've enjoyed the Black Bird manga series, but I'm growing wearily of the back and forth between certain characters. I really want the series to progress and end well.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?
BrokenTeepee.com and LargeHeartedBoy.com, which have sent a lot of traffic my way.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?
Tie between "Go Set A Watchman" and "The Nightingale."
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I put a lot of time and thought into my "Go Set A Watchman Eve" post. I also enjoyed writing the "Ten fictional families I'd like to celebrate Thanksgiving with" meme.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?
I love playing Secret Santa for the Broke and the Bookish swap :)
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
I started a more personal, slice-of-life, bucketlist blog. So I've had to balance working on both. Also surgery and a death in the family zapped my reading and writing. When I'm stressed, I mainly turn to graphic novels and manga for escapism.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
With my random updates, I'm so happy to have any love on my posts. I want to thank all my dear readers and you awesome people who comment and follow me.
9. Best bookish discovery(book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I feel like every town needs a Little Free Library. When we move, I want to set up one.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Yes, I exceeded my goal of reading 100 books. For my other blog, I also succeeded in giving away 20 books through online swaps and community book exchanges.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?
I've promised to read "The Two Towers." I also need to read the short "Heir to Edenbrooke."
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?
"A Gathering of Shadows" by V.E. Schwab (What happens to Kell???)
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
I haven't had time to keep up with 2016 Debuts. But please recommend some to me!
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?
"Because of Miss Bridgerton (Rokesbys #1)" by Julia Quinn. I'm not sure if you'd call it a sequel or a prequel. Anyhow, excited!
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?
I want to read more bucketlist books. "Dune." Finish the Anne of Green Gables series. Read Jane Austen's "Lady Susan, The Watsons, Sandition."
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To
Please recommend me something you've liked, I've yet to read a 2016 ARC.http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/2015/12/6th-annual-end-of-year-survey-2015-edition.html