Tuesday, December 29, 2015

In My Mailbox: Dec 2015


In My Mailbox: Dec 2015

Wishing everyone a happy holiday and safe New Year's Eve!

Unlike the beautiful mailbox scene above, we did not have snow. It was an unusually warm and rainy Christmas. No ugly sweaters, but we still had fun. Since the weather continues to be muggy, all the more reason to grab an iced coffee, some chocolate, and sit back with a good read.

Once again, I had tons of fun playing Secret Santa thanks to The Broke and The Bookish and IGGPPC  (which I learned about earlier in the year from The Fangirl's Guide to the Galaxy).

From my own Geeky Santa via IGGPPC, @sticks_string, I received:


So adorable and delicious ^_^! Christmas Eve was foggy, and I had just told my hubby that the weather reminded me of searching for the Master Sword on LoZ "A Link to the Past," when I opened my IGGPPC gift to find my very own treasure chest! With 2 Links, yes! I will literally treasure them forever. The little erasers and stickers make me so nostalgic and will be used in my scrapbooking. Love the mockingjay keychain! The Christmas tissue was very thoughtful. @sticks_string had no way of knowing, but we love those little chocolate coins. Oshie and I gave them out at our wedding years ago.

And, from my own Bookish Santa, @ReviewsInAPinch, I received:


Book nerd Heaven! Harry Potter coffee mug with candy and a set of Hunger Games bookmarks :D. The whole family adored the 2015 White House Christmas Ornament! It will be displayed on our tree for many, many Christmas seasons to come. We can't wait to try the Swedish Coconut Cookies (we love coconut).


I've heard great things about "An Ember In The Ashes," "Legend," and "Isla and the Happily Ever After" and I'm excited to read them in 2016! The Harry Potter planner/notebook was a surprise and will be helpful as I resolve to write and stretch more in the new year. The "Dinner with Mr. Darcy" cookbook was perfect for me. I immediately started bragging about it to all the foodies in my family!

For Christmas, I also was very fortunate to receive some great books from the relatives:



Not to be outdone, Oshie is resolving to focus more on mathematics in 2016:


I had an enjoyably geeky and bookish Christmas! Here's to fangirlin' and good reads in 2016! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails