Sunday, December 20, 2015

Review: Happy Cooking by Giada De Laurentiis


Happy Cooking: Giada's Recipes and Tips for Making Every Meal Count...Without Stressing You OutHappy Cooking: Giada's Recipes and Tips for Making Every Meal Count...Without Stressing You Out by Giada De Laurentiis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm not familiar with Giada's show, but I own and use a lot of cookbooks because I prepare nearly all my meals at home.

Happy Cooking is very well organized. Giada covers it all. From: #breakfast, snacks & small plates, salads & seasons, soups & stews, pastas & risottos, eating clean, weeknight warriors, vegetables & sides, weekends & holidays, and treats & sweets. I feel the book contains a nice variety, with a little something for everyone. Even picky eaters like me!

I love that each recipe has been photographed in full detail. It's so frustrating when cookbooks only showcase a choice few recipes, leaving users to guess what the finally product should look like. I feel like Giada cares that you know what you're making. She also has a lot of useful tips for foodie novices.

With the holidays coming up, Happy Cooking has some great recipes, such as: Old-Fashioned Buttercrunch, Espresso-Peanut Brownies, Mini Eggplant Parmesan, Buffalo Grilled Shrimp, and Veal Piccata, sure to thrill guests.

All and all, great cookbook that I'll be referencing for years to come.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails