Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Top Ten New-To-Me Favorite Authors I Read For The First Time In 2015

Top Ten New-To-Me Favorite Authors I Read For The First Time In 2015


V.E. Schwab "Darker Shade of Magic"- The main character belongs in the cool wizard club with Howl, Valek, Schmendrick, and Sparrowhawk. Looking forward to the sequel.

Gene Stratton-Porter "A Girl of the Limberlost"- For anyone who enjoys the beauty of nature, this forgotten classic is a must.

Charles Martin "When Crickets Cry"- Southern writing that pulls at the heart strings. This author really captures life in Georgia.

Jennifer E. Smith "The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight"- YA chick-lit with substance! Following this author now.

Judy Christie "Wreath"- A roller coaster of heartbreak and inspiration, Wreath is a tale of survival. Great for those who enjoyed "If You Find Me."

Robin McKinley "Beauty"- I wish I'd read this as a kid. Truly a beautiful retelling of a classic tale.

E. Lockhart "We Were Liars"- I enjoyed this great summer escape with a twist. I'd love to read another book by this author.

Stephanie Perkins "Anna and the French Kiss"- International fun with a darling main character. Her work is an exciting trip.

Celeste Ng "Everything I Never Told You"- I liked reading an Asian author's perspective on dramatic family life. She's one to watch.

Gemma Correll "The Worrier's Guide to Life"- Hilariously true and cute, this author really captures what us ladies are concerned about.

6 comments:

  1. I can't say as I recall reading any of the authors on your Top Ten Tuesday post this week, so I have some new to me authors to check out for sure.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-new-to-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could recommend new authors to you :) Thanks for stopping by and sharing your link!

      Delete
  2. I feel like I am the only one who has not read V.E Swabs lol! Anna and the French Kiss is such a lovely book. It is one of my favorites. I'm glad to hear you liked it as well =)
    Happy reading!
    Here is my TTT,
    http://bookstothetea.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V.E.'s characters are so good! I'm hoping to read her other novels soon. My hubby keeps asking me when the sequel is coming out :)

      Personally, I'm surprised that Anna and the French Kiss isn't a movie. It'd be a perfect Valentine's Day release. Stephanie and her novels are so sweet.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Beauty & Anna and the French Kiss are both on my TBR! My TTT

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails