Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Top Ten 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didn't


 Top Ten 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didn't

Heir to Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson - I am a snail when it comes to reading e-books/kindle. I often read at night and prefer print copies to help me sleep. I'm excited to read this! Just gotta remember to get the e-reader out earlier in the day.

First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen - This came highly recommended by other blogs and the Goodreads Choice Awards. A Southern chick-lit romance fantasy sounds like all the checked off boxes on my "what-i-want-in-a-book" wishlist. I need to read this series.

Step Aside, Pops: A Hark! A Vagrant Collection (Hark! A Vagrant #3) by Kate Beaton - I feel like I blog about Kate Beaton a lot. I love her comics about classic literature. I was hoping to get a copy of this for the holidays, but ended up receiving many other great books from the family. So, I'll be gifting this to myself, via the giftcard credit I have, very soon.

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas - I felt like this was one of the "it" YA books of 2015. It was everywhere! Popping up on other blogger's reviews, Goodreads, wishlists, and being highly sought in used bookstores. 'Beauty and The Beast' is my favorite fairy tale, so I hope to enjoy this retelling in the future.

A Touch of Stardust by Kate Alcott - I just spent a year watching old movies for my other blog. Needless to say, I like the glamour and legends of old Hollywood. A historical fiction title involving the charming Clark Gable sounds like the type of drama I'd like to read.

Serafina and the Black Cloak by Robert Beatty - I love, love, love the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC. It's become one of my favorite vacation spots and a place of great memories. Therefore, I'm very intrigued about a YA fantasy set there!

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell - I was surprised and interested when Rainbow Rowell released a book on her character's characters from "Fangirl." From reading "Fangirl," the story of Simon Snow sounded cool and Harry Potter-esque, minus Cath's obsession with slash pairings. I respect that some fans like slash, but I'm all about canon pairings and an author's original vision. Anyhow, I wanted to see where Rowell went with the canon version of Simon Snow.

The Boy Most Likely To by Huntley Fitzpatrick - I was looking forward to the return to the sweet, large, and lovable Jarrett family. I just didn't get to read it last year. I enjoyed the first book in the series so much and I plan to get to this one in 2016.

Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert - I heard a lot of nice buzz for this book! I haven't read "Eat, Love, Pray" but I did like the movie. I'm all about finding ways to be more creative in all aspects of life. So this seems like a good read for me.

Shadow Study by Maria V. Snyder - I should really revisit this series. It's been years since I read the first book, "Poison Study," but the characters Yelena and Valek have stuck with me all this time. I didn't get caught up on the series in 2015, but I want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails