Tuesday, February 16, 2016

10 songs I wish that were books


10 songs I wish that were books


"Hello" by Adele - Who else has this song stuck in their head? Adele is delightful, and most of her songs seem to tell a dramatic, heart-felt story.

"Violet Hill" by Coldplay - This song has always inspired my imagination. I could see it as the theme for a historical fiction, historical romance, or dystopian.

"Underneath the Sycamore" by Death Cab For Cutie - Ditto, DCFC lyrics have a wide range of emotional value. I always imagine a fantasy or scifi story for this one.

"Rabbit Heart" by Florence and The Machine - Much like the music video, I can see this one involving a fantasy or mythology with a strong heroine.

"Can't Feel My Face" by The Weekend - Total earworm. Maybe a good start for a paranormal romance?

"Lights" by Ellie Goulding - Another earworm always on my Pandora channel. It's a versatile song, good for drama or mystery.

"Dancing In The Dark" by Bruce Springsteen - A classic. Sparks of a slice of life, mystery, contemporary romance, or retro new adult.

"Found Out About You" by The Gin Blossoms - Anyone for some essential '90s? Has the hints of a psychological thriller, coming-of-age YA.

"Wonderwall" by Oasis - More great '90s music. This one sounds like a inspirational, redemption story. Dystopian, historical, or contemporary, works for all occasions.

"Two of Us" by The Beatles - Great song for a buddy comedy, travelogue, or classic old-friendship-turned-romance.

4 comments:

  1. Can't Feel My Face is such a jam. I'd be really interested to see how it worked as a book!

    Here's my list: https://bookstacksamber.wordpress.com/2016/02/16/top-ten-tuesday-songs-i-wish-were-books/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Can't get it out of my head...probably have to watch the video again and again on Youtube. :D Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Great list! I'm a huge fan of Coldplay.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Love them, best concert I ever saw :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails