Monday, May 2, 2016

Review: Because of Miss Bridgerton by Julia Quinn

Because of Miss Bridgerton (Rokesbys #1)Because of Miss Bridgerton by Julia Quinn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This may be one of my favorite Julia Quinn novels. Definitely top three. Although, I suddenly feel the need to go back and re-read them all to make sure.

It has everything I've discovered I love about her writing. Above all, witty dialogue! There's a sense that it isn't just a Regency romance novel, it's a Regency RomCom. The banter between characters cracks me up and adds to the great romantic tension.

In this novel, the heroine, Billie, is an unconventional young lady. It was refreshing to follow a Regency heroine who wasn't overly obsessed about the season and husband hunting. Meanwhile, George is the uppity brother of Billie's best friends and neighbors. I don't normally jump for hate-turned-to-love plots, but this one worked out very naturally.

There's also the delightful sense of Regency community and family. Nosey somewhat meddling mommas. Best friend aka why-won't-you-just-be-my-sister-in-law-already? One brother who just wants to stack cards. Another brother who's fighting for King and country.

Ooo, that ending left me hanging! How much longer until the next book??? I have the feeling the setting will be very interesting.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails