Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Ten Websites I Love That Aren't About Books


Ten Websites I Love That Aren't About Books

OK, this is hard because my life is so tied up with books and literature-y stuff. Literally played the Jeopardy theme for weeks for this list...

Etsy.com - I could wishlist items on this site all day! So many unique and clever collectables. It's my go-to for gifts. Prior to Pinterest, I planned entire showers via Etsy.

ModCloth.com - Coolest retro-style clothes ever. Want a style that stands out? This is a great place for it. Something for everyone, all sizes. Never regretted a purchase there.

Ancestry.com - When I'm not reading, taking photos, running around - I'm a genealogy nerd. I see a million stories in the dates and details. Time flies when I get engrossed in the past.

Geocaching.com - Where had Geocaching been all my life? I always daydreamed about adventures and treasure-hunting and this is the dream come true. Fun way to spread the weekend.

American Film Institute (AFI.com) - Last year, I finally resolved to cross the Top 100 movies off my bucket list. Now I'm working on the 100 Passions. Culturally, I feel like I've learned a lot.

WatchXHit.com - I've also sworn off fitness clubs due to miserable experiences (creepy guests and employees...pain and suffering). A few months ago I discovered XHit and I've seen an awesome difference in my abs and thighs.

TeeFury.com - I've previously blogged about their great nods to classic and pop literature. But in all honesty, their daily exclusive tee shirt designs put a geeky smile on my face.

Funko.com - Thanks to Star Wars: TFA I've jumped on the Pop Vinyl bandwagon. You'll catch me on their blog, seeing what's new.

wikiHow.com - Why spend time googling and watching a dozen, barely relevant videos on Youtube when you can search this site? Also, the illustrations crack me up sometimes.

ICanHas.Cheezburger.com - I don't visit it as often as I did years ago, but I still love it. Provided me with tons of comic relief during my early college years. Memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails